Thursday, September 13, 2007

Family Time

We have a great bike trail here in Normal called Constitution Trail.

This paved Urban open space trail is 5.9 miles long.

We noticed this trail upon our arrival here to Normal.It looked like something we all would like to do as a family.

One problem the two adults in this family need bikes...

Last weekend we decided to go buy two bikes on Friday night at the local Wal-mart so we could all go on a bike ride Saturday Morning .

We arrived at Wal-Mart first mistake is the bike aile is way to close to the toy aile and you can not let a 27 year old & a 7 year old near the toy aile, nothing but trouble.

Finally we made it to the bike aile, We were looking at all the bikes,we new we did not want to spend a great deal of money being we would probable not use these bikes as much as we probable should.We came to a decision on two bikes oh and one toy(witch I will tell you about another day.)

We finally made it home,we looked over each bike oiled them up checked all the nuts & bolts and tested them out. My son an I went around the block and next was just a big BOOM the front tire blew out ! Ahhh I could not believe it !

Off I went the next morning to get a new tube .I have never changed a bike tube befor so only oh an hour and a half latter it was fixed!



So let me introduce you to The Big Red Machine.




Finley ready to go !
Hang on !Not gone yet I get over by my bike to get on it to leave and this is what I see...





I had to laugh , I always wanted my own bike plate with my name on it but we could never find "Desiree" so this worked !



It is 10:15 ,beautiful weather and we are off down the road .



It is a very nice trail it is very well maintained with beautiful gardens,ponds & a creek.The trail was filled with bikers,runners & walkers.

It is now oh about 11:AM and we stoped to look at some wildlife and to take a drink of water and the two adults in the family are starting to realize that they had not done this in a while.

I just have one question have you look at a seat on a bike lately ?







All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS !!! The seat on my bike when I was 7 was the same size ! OUCH !


We continued on the tail back home we reached the house about 12:45 and parked our bikes.






We had some lunch,shared a few laughs,smiles & quite a few EWW'S & AHH'S !


I look forward to seeing the remanding five miles of this trail on our next family bike ride.

8 comments:

Ralph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralph said...

Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...
This might very well be a classic. I started laughing here, "you can not let a 27 year old & a 7 year old near the toy aile, nothing but trouble" and did not quit until the end.
Great story.
Sounds like all of you had a lot fun.
Ralph
P.S. It will take some time to get use to the bike seats.

Anonymous said...

That was probably the most miles the 27 year old has ever put on a bike at one time. Sounds like you had a great time.

Rachel said...

When I bought a bike the first thing I did was get rid of that stupid banana looking tiny seat and got a bigger one!

The trail sounds great. Wish we had something like that around here to ride at.

Anonymous said...

I heard the trails down there are nice. I had been meaning to tell you that, but it seems you have found them on your own.

Cliff said...

Sounds like good fun. How about an air ride seat out of a Freightliner?
Thanks for the tour.

nora leona said...

I love the linear parks. Yours sounds really nice!

Cliff said...

I've got it D. If I were going to ride on that seat I'd have to strap a piece of plywood on it with a cushion from a couch.