Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Chicago’s in my heart.

We took a mini vacation to Chicago over Thanksgiving. We spent time with family. We also decided to take in some sites. We even had our own personal guides (thanks Tiff & Jason) for the day. We had a list of events all planed out.

We took the train brown line/red line, Sears Tower, Macy’s, Street side shows, Chicago Dogs, Lego Land, Water Taxi, Millennium Park, Cloud Gate so many exciting events to do all in one day.

It was cold and crowed but we were not going to let that stop us.

During the day I just kept looking at everyone and everything. I just could not seem to take it all in. My mind was going 100 miles a minute. I kept thinking…

All these people they all have homes, friends and families, beliefs all with a different walk of life.

I kept getting this warm fuzzy felling inside,it has been many years since I have experienced the true meaning of family.

I was on the train on the way back from a fun day of events an was thinking back to years ago there were television programs that offered however so gently, honest, home grown values, beliefs and characters so true you felt like they were family.

I remember watching sincere people, portray honorable characters and live humble lives. Is it old fashion to still enjoy the Andy Griffith Show, Little House on the Pierre (my favorite), or even the Cosby Show?


For me deep inside there is a profound desire to hold on to the safe security that accompanies knowing nice, sweet, caring, none threatening people, even though at times I thought they were only in books and on television

I fell that the innocent sense of togetherness, dare I say that sense of family. Dictionary.com first defines family as “a fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.” It is the second definition that is perhaps more accurate however, defining a family as “two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.”

I have learned real family fights and makes up, argues and agrees to disagree and loves unconditionally. I have been given a gift of a full family. I define family every day by our actions, our words, our beliefs and our unconditional love.

It’s funny to me, how I can go to such a beautiful city and look forward to learning some history of the this great city and I reflect back to relies I have taken much much more. I will always have a piece of the (Chicago) city in my heart.


Thanks Chicago!








Family is everything!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Awesome post. I think we all had a great time while in Chicago and learned (again) that Thanksgiving is about family, food and being thankful for what and who we have in our life.

Cliff said...

Neat post D. Family is so very important.
Society slides a little further down hill everytime there is a child who doesn't want to turn out like their Mom or Dad. Hopefully both.