Saturday, March 22, 2008

'Twas the day before Easter

'Twas the day before Easter
..and all through the woods,
The bunnies were busy
packing their goods.
The eggs were all colored
so pretty and bright,
All things were "go"
for the big, special night.

The baskets were waiting,
all decorated with care,
In hopes that the Bunny
soon would be there.
My family were all asleep in their beds,
While visions of Easter eggs
rolled round in there head.

And I in my pajamas
with the dog near my lap,
I had just settled down
for a quick little nap.
When outside the window
I heard a great noise,
I sprang from my chair
and jumped over some toys.

As quick as a flash
to the window I flew,
I pulled up the shade
and, OH, what a view.
The moon on the meadow
cast a bright golden glow
And the wind blew the flowers
to and then fro.

Then all of a sudden
from out of nowhere,
Came some lively bunnies,
hopping here, hopping there!
Leading the group
with ears long and funny
Was a plump, all-white rabbit...


That's right...the EASTER BUNNY was here!
I have proof this year!






Happy, Happy Easter
from our home to yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look a lot like Nathan's feet! Oh wait--I think he still has five toes!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi! I like your Easter poem. Have a Happy Easter. Lisa

Ralph said...

Another great poem. How was the Easter egg hunt?
Ralph

Rachel said...

Great poem! I hope your Easter was eggs-tra special!!