Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Baseball is a simple pleasure.

Yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me all day long (women I know...). I had reflected back to the previous four years of my life. I felt like my life was on a constant roller coaster. I had to find some sort of balance in my life.

To make along story short a dear friend of mine told me that I need to get out and try new things, experience life’s simple pleasures. So I did just that, I went to my first T-ball game with my son, we meet some great people we even meet a few that we thought were a bit crazy, but we had a great time!


Not long after that I went to my first baseball game at Coors Field home of the Colorado Rockies. What a day that was. From finding parking, to the fans in the streets, peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs,nachos(only if you are good)& everyone has to have a #1 foam fan finger.

You could not help but to smile, laugh shout at the top of you lungs G-O R-O-C-K-I-E-S! That was the day I fell in love with the true meaning of baseball each and every bit it.


For some baseball is very boring.Not to me yelling at the TV , laughing at myself for spilling my bowl of popcorn while sitting at the foot of my bed last night. Watching when the Colorado Rockies were down two runs and not even out of the top of the 13th inning of National League Wild Card tie breaker then a fly ball for the winning run in a 9-8 tiebreaker victory what a great time.

Just then I realized I had learned that life is a game of baseball, it’ll throw you for a curve, sometimes you may trip and fall, but you'll get what you deserve. When you step up to the plate, you don't know at which you'll swing, but for all you know, it may not mean a thing. You might end with a walk, or maybe you'll get a run, you may not end, until you're back where you begun.


My dear friend that told me long ago I need to enjoy life and the simple pleasures it has to offer, I can say I'm excited to be part of each and every minute of what ever it may be!




5 comments:

Ralph said...

Yep, I know what you mean. I have found when I get all philosophical it tends to make me appreciate what I have all that much more.
Simple pleasures like jumping on a trampoline, or off a coffee table, will be remembered for a long, long time.
By the way, nice picture.
Ralph

Anonymous said...

go rockies

Rachel said...

If I must watch a sport then baseball would be okay. I guess that's because I use to play softball many, many, many, many years ago! :)

It is great to enjoy life!! We should all do it more often.

nora leona said...

As a big baseball fan, I'd appreciate your post a little bit more if YOUR team had not just knocked MY Phillies out of the playoffs.

Congratulations!

Cliff said...

This is a good one D. I've been harvesting and haven't had much time. However, it's 4:30 AM and I can't sleep so here I am. Keep on Keepin on.
Yes, I think the Rockies won't be stopped.