The last day of school can seem like such a waste of time. I often think, "Why can't we just skip it?" But, the truth of the matter is that there always has to be a last day of school. It's the only way to get to summer.
For 61 million schoolchildren, it is one of the biggest days of the year: the last day of school. To include my 14 year old and 7 year old.
The eight graders at Chiddix Jr. High School won't be coming back in the fall: They'll be heading to high school(I have only about 80 days to mentally prepare my self for this). They all were ready for autograph day. Year books in one hand, a pen in the other, these kids spend their last day saying "have a nice summer" -- again and again -- in writing.
In first-grade at Colene Hoose Elementary field day is the last-day-of-school tradition. What a great time they all had fun playing Steal the Beacon, Boom Blaster and many many more activity's. What a way to say have a great summer!
The last day of school means the beginning of so many different adventures.
For us that means we have allot of packing to do,yep we are moving in two weeks.
Then the 14 year old and the 7 year old will be off on vacation to Minnesota then Colorado for the summer.The 27 year old and I will be unpacking and taking in one or two mini vacations. Then more unpacking,so if you need to get away please feel free to join us for the summer party of a life time at our place unpacking !!!
I have no doubts that the rest of the summer will be incredibly insane and I will need a real vacation when it is all over.
Ahhh let's just have fun,live well & laugh often.
Happy Pancake Tuesday!
6 years ago
12 comments:
"You're a swell girl." "It's been fun knowing you." "Good luck in all you do." "Have a nice summer." There were a lot of those in my year book, along with some more personal ones from closer friends. All apply for you as well.
I can't wait til my last day before summer! It's coming quickly
From an ex-teacher, I say the best part of teaching was summer (off).
The next best part was the last day of school, after I got my grades turned in.
..
Soon it will all be unpacked and put away and then you can start getting ready for school again. Hard to belive the High School part. Hold on.
Ralph
I'm glad it you moving, and not me.
I remember the last day of school as the best thing that could possibly happen.
Until Dad called me at 6:00 AM the next morning to start working on the farm.
Desiree ~ It was great getting to meet both you and Nate. I wish the two of you much happiness. Sherry and I had a good time with you on the Float and you seem to be a very hard worker. A trait that will come in very handy down the road I am sure! ~ jb///
Time for your report of BlogStock 08. I certainly enjoyed my time with you!!
Well, part of your summer fun included Blogstock.
I am so glad it did!!
I really enjoyed meeting you!!!!!
I know you really worked hard helping to get things ready. Thanks for all you did.
We sure lived well, laughed often and loved much at logstock didn't we? It was so great meeting you and your 27 year old.
The Mother's day poem is great. And I also liked the pictures of your dad and your fiance walking together. Well done!
Here is my HAPPY SONG. I hope you're doing well and enjoying the Wild, Wild West.
Nice to meet you at Blogstock, here is also my wish for your best.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
..
Did you go to blostock? If so, want to tell anyone what you thought?
If not - oh well, everyone else seemed to have a good time. Try to attend next year!
A Man With No Name (Okay, it's me)
I think it's time for the back to school post.
Post a Comment