Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Engineering of an 8 year old

As most of you all ready know my 28 year old travels for a living. He is the regional sales manager for the leading snow plow manufacturer.

This company truly understands that in order to remain a leader in the industry, new product innovation must remain a central focus. They continually pushes the snow and ice control industry forward with new products that customers demand; products that focus on efficiency, productivity, and reliability.

Hummm I must have heard this once or twice befor....

It got me thinking about how lucky were are to have a company the works so hard to be a leader not only in they industry but they work hard to make family the central focus as well. It dawned on me the other day how they do the business and family thing so well. When my 28 year old and 8 year old were in the garage all day watching football, drinking(root)beer and eating pretzels and the rhythmic sounds of power tools filled the air that this could only mean one thing...

Engineering
Just what could it be this time?


The last time this happened my parents received a beautiful bird house that had a roof with Oh let's just say it had a few to many sky lights.



When I peeked out the door I could not believe what I was looking at .


Our 8 year old sanding...













Sheer strapping two boards together...













Attaching allot of wheels just in the right place...
(Notice the big yellow thing in the back ground)






Then you would not believe what was next .....




They put and 850 lbs snow plow on this T frame rack that and 8 year old engineered with my 28 year old. They had a couple of minor details to work out, but it worked. We can roll this the plow out of the way and we can roll in right under the truck when it is time to go to work.

I tell ya what a great way for this company remain a leader in the industry, with new innovation engineered by and 8 year old and family truly has remained a central focus on the project.

I just hope it holds together longer then the bird house.

4 comments:

Ralph said...

I have to admit, I am impressed.
Ralph

Anonymous said...

Grandpa would have been impressed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janell said...

Awesome. Totally awesome.
My two boys (one 55 and one 25) have never accomplished such a marvelous feat. Good job on hooking up with your 28 year old.