Hear Ye Hear Ye
So 6 more weeks of winter it will be.
Every February 2nd I have had the same conversation with our eight year old.
Bubba: Mom, why did you not tell me today was a special day ?
Me: Today is a special day ?
Bubba: Yes, we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter.
Me: We are, how do you know that ?
Bubba: Because the hedge hog was able to see his shadow!
OK, I might be the worst Mom in the world not to correct him that it is a Ground Hog but it is truly a conversation I look forward to each year.
Happy Pancake Tuesday!
6 years ago
4 comments:
Hedge hog, ground hog what's the difference. Like I asked Jim, doesn't it make more sense that if he does see his shadow it is Spring? It is actually a mathematical formula I developed. (Here is where you should remember the movie "A Beautiful Mind.) But, Sunshine + Shadow = Spring.
I really think there is a misprint in the Hedge Hog textbook.
Ralph
I agree with Ralph and the entire "Hedge Hog" story seems to be backward.
Yup, and I agree with Ralph and DOR, after all--DOR claims to know something about MATH!
I never agree with Ralph. btw, that's mean. Tell the poor kid.
I hate shadows too.
Post a Comment