Well today I got a bit of courage.
I picked my 15 year old up from school today, she had her first behind the wheel class today. She told me how they went into a local neighborhood and did some turns, stops and lane changes. So that is when I took a leap into faith and my courage kicked into high gear.
I stopped about 3/4 of a mile from the house at Rosa Parks parking lot, said OK you finish driving home ! She thought I was joking. When I sat in the passenger seat and pulled my seat belt tight and clicked it, she new I was serious.
She got in the seat and buckled her seat belt and checked the mirrors. She inched her way out and she was inching over in the other line on our side and I had to remind her to stay in her lane. I once again politely reminder her to use her blinkers. Doing OK a few minor details. AMEN ! We made it to our sub division.
That is when it got interesting.
She took the left turn into out sub division and I thought we almost flipped the car over ! It was so sharp. I told her to slow down and take the turn slow hand over hand. Then she proceeded down the windy road that lead to our house, she had one more left turn to go. She made it nice and easy.
She took her time making her way down our street, a bit nervous with all the cars parked on the road. Time for the turn for that she worked on during class today. No problem. She came up to our drive way, she did not turn sharp enough she went up on the boulevard and kept going ...
I YELLED STOP THE CAR !
I looked up, our neighbor was in the front room of her house on the phone you should have seen the look on her face. I think it ran threw her head that I black jeep was coming threw the front window. I will talk to her tommrrow to see what she thinking!
I jumped out of the car and I could not do nothing but laugh my butt off. I think our 15 year old thought she was in a heap of trouble. With her face as pail as could be, I tell her to get out of the car. She leans over to get out forgetting the car was not in park yet. So again
I YELL PUT THE CAR IN PARK !
BOY OH BOY !!!!
While I was still laughing. Our 8 year old jumped out of the back seat and said "I am never doing that again".
Should have been here, I tell ya that was a ride I will never forget.
Happy Pancake Tuesday!
6 years ago
4 comments:
I heard the story in person and now I have read it and I must say---I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face. We all have learning to drive stories--sometime I will share mine--with Shannel!
That's a great story. Nothing helps getting to know the neighbors better than almost crashing into their house.
Ralph
Oh my! I'm glad you made it safely home! Learning to drive can be a bit of trial and error until they get used to things. I lived on a farm and it was a great place to learn to drive...nothing to hit!
Sounds like you took it well!! She is growing up isn't she?
BTW, thank you very much for the Topps card!! Great picture and I'm excited for the two of you!!
Hey Rachel got a card too. Yeah that was neat stuff.
Have Shanelle drive to Denver this summer. That should finish off her education.
Post a Comment